Are you a bonsai enthusiast or professional? Do you enjoy writing and teaching about bonsai? Why not join the team here at ofBonsai Magazine! We are always looking for people who can bring something to the table here at ofBonsai Magazine. Whether it is writing part-time/full-time, drawing a weekly comic strip or anything else you can think of, we have a spot for you.
With support from the bonsai community, we have grown so fast in such a short time and there is no end in sight. The ofBonsai Magazine is constantly seeking new bonsai articles, galleries, reviews ect. (see below for an extensive, but not all inclusive, list of topics)
So let’s get down to business…
Here is what you will get:
- An ofBonsai Magazine t-shirt
- Products to test out
- Profile that is posted in each article with a link to your site/twitter account. All links to sites are dofollow links (if that matters to you)
- Creative outlet to talk about the every changing world of bonsai
- You’ll be part of a great team on one of the largest bonsai related sites
- Down the road these positions will eventually turn into full paid positions (We are all doing this out of love right now)
- Currently working on some form of compensation whether ad revenue sharing or per article payment (working on those details still)
What we are looking for:
- 2-3 News Hounds. Your job will be to hunt down news regarding bonsai, whether it’s a new product, a convention, a new artist on the scene, or anything else that may include and write about it.
- 1 dedicated interviewer. Your job will be to interview bonsai artists, convention organizers, and product manufacturers in regards to their bonsai experience/products/events and overall bonsai.
- 1 Dedicated Bonsai Critiquer – Pretty self explanatory as to what you’ll be doing. Expect to do one critique every month or two.
- 1-2 columnists. In this position your job will be to write various articles with a more editorial feel to them as well as any other articles such as the ones found in the Last Page.
- 1-2 technical/artistic writers. In this position your job will be to write various articles with a more educational/informative feel to them. Writing on bonsai techniques and/or artistic principles as they relate to bonsai.
- 1 Dedicated Product Reviewers – Pretty self explanatory as to what you’ll be doing. Expect to do one product review every month or two.
- 1-2 species care writers – In this position your job will be to write various article to be added to the species specific section
- 5-6 bonsai convention/event reviewers. – Pretty self explanatory as to what you’ll be doing. Expect to attend and review 2 bonsai related events a year. Also will be responsible for compiling galleries of said events
- 2-3 forum moderators/stimulators – Pretty self explanatory as to what you’ll be doing. Expect to spend an hour or 2 on http://internationalbonsaiforum.com
Any of the above positions are currently available right now. Also anyone who can do this during the evening would be great. So anyone interested in the US or Europe or where ever definitely send in an email stating your interest and for what position!
We only focus on original content 90% of the time with the remaining 10% being general bonsai information when regarding bonsai that is posted elsewhere if it’s relevant.
So what are you waiting for? Use our Contact link at the top or your can just click here to access the same form and send us an email telling us about you, your experience, what you want do to here at ofBonsai Magazine and whatever else you want us to know and if you fit the bill then you’re in! If you don’t want to use the form you can always email us directly: paul [at] ofbonsai [dot] org.
Now is the time to join, we are growing incredibly fast and have a lot in store for the future including things like bonsai competitions, more contests/giveaways and other fun stuff! We also accept guest writers so if you can’t commit but do want to write once in awhile, just send us the article and we will post it, full credit to you, your name as a contributor and a link to your site!
We are seeking content in the following categories:
Styles and Styling
Books / Movies/Videos
We will accept articles that you have written that have been published else where, but please wait at least a year after the first publication before submitting.
Anyone can submit an article for publication, as long as you use these guidelines.
Articles should be well written, utilizing proper spelling and grammar. Either International English or American English spelling conventions may be used when posting or submitting content such as articles, galleries, and reviews. However, we do ask that you stick to one form or the other and do not mix spelling conventions.
If your article contains photographs we recommend submitting full size photographs, unsized and at 300 DPI resolution. Using these standards will ensure that your photograph is acceptable and customizable for our use.
All photographs submitted should exhibit technical competence: they should be in focus, properly exposed, and they should use the best backdrop possible under the circumstances. Photographs, if they need to be edited, should be edited properly in a photo-editing program. In particular, images should be cropped and corrected if necessary for exposure and rotation.
Do not submit text or images to which you do not have the copyright.
For original text and images, the copyright for content posted to the Art of Bonsai remains with the author, though we do request non-exclusive permission to use your contributions in future articles, collections, retrospectives, etc.
[contact-form-7 id=”7072″ title=”Submit Bonsai News”]
[contact-form-7 id=”7075″ title=”Submit Bonsai Article”]